Thursday, July 10, 2008

HUMOR~4



While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked,"How long have you been bedridden?" After a look of complete confusion she answered "Why, not for about twenty years -- when my husband was alive,"
Doctor in OR

Problems with Medications


During a patient's two week follow-up appointment with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble with one of his medications. "Which one?" I asked. "The patch. The nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I'm running out of places to put it!" I had him quickly undress and discovered what I hoped I wouldn't see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body! Since incident, the instructions now include removal of the old patch before applying a new one.
Doctor in Virginia

Death


One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a "massive internal fart!"
Dr. in Manitoba, Canada

No comments: