Tuesday, July 1, 2008

OKAY~THIS WAS HILARIOUS!



After such a serious post yesterday, I decided to lighten up. I came across this picture on the internet. I guess these male nurse dolls are available. Move over Ken! LOL.

My husband, who is a nurse, too, had a good laugh over this.

Someday, male nurses will be taken seriously. There are a fair number of them that I work with and they do an excellent job. I'm often struck by the prejudice in the work force that men are doctors and women are nurses.

You'd be surprised by the number of patients who think that a male nurse I'm working with who comes into my patient's room to help me with something, often think this guy is a doctor. They are often shocked. And, sometimes, patient assignments need to be rearranged because some people refuse to have a male nurse. When sometimes, he may be even more qualified and experienced to handle that patient's case then the actual nurse who is assigned.

What are your thoughts on male nurses?

AUTHOR OF FUN AND SEXY MEDICAL ROMANCES!
The Doctor's Deception Available in
Print/Ebook form on 06/25/08
Print ISBN:1-60154-287-9
Order your copy at WWW.THEWILDROSEPRESS.COM
myspace.com/kathleengail789
WWW.KATHLEENGRIEVE.COM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely no problem with male nurses. When the need's there, I'm just happy to have someone with knowledge and ability to take care of me or my loved ones.

one question though--how come when a couple of nurses come in to do prep for a heart cath, it's the male who 'gets' to do the groin shave? :P