Thursday, October 28, 2010

Appreciation...




Sometimes, it is fabulous when someone stops and says, "Hey, I appreciate you for..."


That was my experience tonight while at work. I had a really great conversation and the end result had me thinking "What do I appreciate?" And as I walked to my car to drive home, I had a list a mile long.

I'm grateful for many things. This last year has been especially challenging. I've had to make many adjustments, but I feel like I'm just finding my stride. Of course, if I could, I'd turn back time and do things just a tad differently. I firmly believe that no one goes through life without wanting to change a thing or two on the road to where he's landed. That is how we grow and learn--from the past choices we've had to make.

At this stage in my life I really feel lucky and here's why...

I'm lucky to have love in my life...

I'm lucky to have 4 beautiful, healthy children...

I am relatively healthy...

I have a job (ok, 2 jobs--LOL)

My writing is getting back on track...

My cake hobby has turned into something that I not only enjoy, but allows for yet another creative outlet that helps me relieve my stress...

I have goals to achieve. These goals will constantly evolve and change, but I will always be there for me to strive to be a better person...

There's laughter and joy around me...

And just as there is that gorgeous sunset above, there is beauty for me to appreciate all around me!


The list could go on and on and like me, will evolve and change as I do. But I am appreciative...are you?

No comments: