Tuesday, December 21, 2010

GOTTA LOVE THOSE USELESS...MINDLESS...FACTS!!!

After yesterday's heavy post, I thought something light and fun might be in order.  As I've mentioned before, I'm pretty much a geek... I love mindless, useless facts that probably nobody really cares about.  I think they are fun and can be great conversation pieces if you're at a loss for something to talk about.  Here are a few fun facts that you might find interesting and amusing. I know I did.  :)  I couldn't help commenting after each one.  I listed them in red...  Have fun!

1)
In 1914, Charles Pajeau hired midgets, dressed them in elf costumes, and had them play with his new invention, Tinker Toys, in the window of a Chicago store during Christmas. This publicity stunt made the construction toy an instant hit. A year later, over a million sets had been sold.

Wow! Ingenious marketing!  Good for him.

2)
Your nose makes nearly a cupful of snot every day through the mucous membranes in the nose. When you inhale air, it contains lots of tiny particles like dust, dirt, germs, and pollen. If these particles made it to the lungs, the lungs could get damaged, and it would be difficult to breathe. Snot works by trapping these particles.

Glad to know there's a use for all that green, slimy stuff! But Ewwww!

3)
Ten thousand insects are required to feed a single toad during the course of a typical summer.

I have to wonder why when I go camping, there are still so many bugs about??

4)In ancient Germany, Heidenwerfen was the popular word for bowling. It means "strike down the heathens".

Sounds like a good beer name to me! LOL

5)
Even if the stomach, the spleen, 80 percent of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from the pelvic and groin area are removed, the human body can still survive. And even if 80 percent of your liver were removed, the remaining part would continue to function. Within a few months, the liver would have reconstituted itself to its original size!

This is very difficult for me to believe...but okay...if you say so.



6)

Vampire bats don’t suck blood; they drink it. By making small cuts in the skin of a sleeping animal, the bat laps up the blood while its saliva numbs the area.

I don't know...I still think I would feel it.  Creepy!

7)
A snail can sleep for 3 years.

Sometimes, I wish I could, too! LOL

8)
The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

Really?  ICK!  Where?  Now, I'm never gonna get to sleep today!

9)
Only female mosquitoes bite.

Figures...something else to blame on us females...

10)
Every night, wasps bite into the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at right angles to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.

Okay...ummm...Sounds a bit awkward to me, but okay.

11)
All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.

Hmmm...Really?  Now I have to watch this movie again!

12)
There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous

Okay, are you like me, wracking your brain for one they forgot? 

13)
Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button. It was eliminated when he was sewn up after surgery.

This is a picture in my mind I definitely could've done without! LOL

14)
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

Oh, come on!  Really?  That's not nice!

15)
A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.

Now I'm wishing...Oh, never mind...hahahaha!

16)
The Ramses brand condom is named after the great Pharaoh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children.

Busy guy!

17)
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

There are a few people I know that have this same problem!

18)
It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

There's a respiratory vignette that says otherwise...Watch...



19)
Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Hahahahahahahaha!  That's funny!

20)
Question:  What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laserbprinters all have in common? Answer: All invented by women.

Enough said! LOL



All these useless facts and more can be found on the google widget that I have posted on my desktop homepage called "Useless Knowledge".  When one pops up that is interesting, I write it down.

I'm going to leave you with a Christmas card from me...to YOU!  Merry Christmas to you and yours....  Enjoy the Sexy Santa below!



HAPPY TUESDAY!!! 
KATHLEEN

No comments: