Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LOTTERY FEVER!!

What would you do with a cash payout of over $224 million dollars?  That is the estimated winnings for the Mega Millions Lottery drawing for tonight.  The total jackpot is up to $330 million dollars--an all time high.  A lot of people are out there buying those lottery tickets right now! 

I admit to buying lottery tickets.  It is something my Mom always did, and my Dad still continues to play.  He has played the same set of numbers for over 30 years!  I think that has a little dedication, to say the least. 

But the big question is:  What would you do if you won?

I guess it would depend on the size of the jackpot, wouldn't it?  I mean, the more cash you win, the more you have to play with, right?  So, here is my fantasy list:

1) Definitely cut back my hours of working! If the jackpot is sizeable to an amount to where I would be able to quit work indefinitely, then sure, I would quit all together.  But that is a huge decision that would have to be made at the time of actually winning.

2) I'd share with my family and I have a few close friends who have gone through difficult times lately who could use just a little help financially.  Again, the amount distributed would depend on the size of my winnings.

3) Since I'd be spending my time writing., I'd hire a professional web designer to create and update my website for me!

4) I need a new car

5) A new house would be nice...

But after that...my list is up in the air.  I have absolutely no idea how I'd spend $224 million dollars.  I'm sure there are ways I'd find to spend the money on, but when I sit down and try and put pen to paper on this, I can't come with anything that I'd really want to need to spend it on.  I don't need an expensive car, or extravagant house, so there would be plenty of money left to do whatever.  I will have to think on it more.  Since I have the luck of Satan...I doubt I will be winning any money--EVER!  Guess that leaves me plenty of time to dream....

Have a GREAT Tuesday, everyone!  And good luck to all those out there chasing that elusive jackpot dream...

Kathleen

No comments: