Sunday, January 30, 2011

SIX SENTENCE SUNDAY 4...




Thank you to everyone who stops by to read my SIX!  I'm having a ball with this.  Your comments are encouraging!  This set of Six is from my current wip, Dating Impossible...Meet Dr. Cruz Avery, delectable twin brother of firefighter, Jett Avery....

“God damn it!” A female voice exclaimed, stopping Dr. Cruz Avery mid-step. He stood by the partially open door in the back hall of Our Lady Of Sorrow Catholic Church.



Intrigued by a woman who would use the Lord’s name in vain, given her current surroundings, he leaned closer to the crack in the door. And here, Cruz thought, his brother’s wedding would be an occasion he’d have to suffer through. By all indications, things might be on this side of interesting.



There's the tease...we will be seeing more from this hunky ER doctor later... We will get back to Cruz and JJ in upcoming SSS posts... By the time this posts, I will be in bed, sleeping because I work night shifts at the hospital.  Can't wait to check out these other Six Sentence Authors for more fun snippets later tonight when I get up!  For those of you up, don't wait!  Here is the link:  www.sixsentence.blogspot.com/

Enjoy your Sunday!
Kathleen




23 comments:

Jayel Kaye said...

The girl's got spunk! Great six

Anonymous said...

Very good tease. Fun. xx

Arlene said...

absolutely love the end line. Your smooth writing style draws me in, and I must read more.

Sarah Grimm said...

Yup, it does seem like things are about to get interesting. :) Great six.

Rebecca Royce said...

I'm certainly interested. Well done!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Oooh. Love hunky docs and hunky firefighters. Liking Dr. Cruz already!

KL/LE said...

Intriguing set up, thanks for sharing!

Emma Petersen said...

Ooooh! I love the name Cruz!

Claire Robyns said...

Interesting setup, looking forward to reading more next week

Lisa Fox said...

I think that things will be interesting indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hunky firemen and er docs! What's not to love?

D Carney said...

Ha! I like her spunk already!

Trish said...

Great characterization of both here, and in such few words. Excellent job!

Unknown said...

I'm w/ Dr. Cruz. Sounds interesting to me too.

Lex Valentine said...

Love it when things are just this side of interesting!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Can't wait to see what happens!

Darcy Drake said...

I love how you give a taste of each character with this snippet. ^^

Marie Dees said...

LOL. Weddings should never be interesting. (But it's great when they are.)

Cate Masters said...

Sounds like the reception will be a blast! Would love to read more.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Sounds like an interesting ceremony already. Great six! I look forward to reading more.

Eve Cassidy said...

nice setup.

Unknown said...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and commented! I'm just getting done reading the SSS posts myself. I slept the last couple of days away! Good for the body, but not good when you need to get things done!

Hailey Edwards said...

"On this side of interesting" made me laugh. Great excerpt.