Wednesday, July 6, 2011

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT~DEE CARNEY!!!

I wanted to shine a spotlight on Romance Author, Dee Carney!  Her website says, "A little bit exotic...A whole lot of erotic"!!! And she doesn't disappoint!

I am in no way a professional book reviewer, but I LOVE to read a hot romance that will singe your fingers as you turn the pages!  This is what you'll find in Dee Carney's latest book, Keeping Pace, now available at Samhain Publishing at this link:
www.samhainpublishing.com/keeping-pace-p-6354.html.

Here's the blurb:
Six years after her husband’s death, Regina Pace is still just going through the motions, her only pleasure a nightly glass (or three) of wine to dull the ache. Tonight is no exception—until a sensual outdoor encounter with her neighbor’s son, freshly home from college. He’s older, wiser, more devastatingly handsome than she remembered. He’s also fifteen years her junior.

Despite her misgivings, it isn’t long before her nightly ritual includes a long, deep drink of Josh Smith. Ogling leads to touching, then the sparks flare into an erotic encounter that feels wickedly right—and deliciously forbidden.

Yet the intense heat can’t burn away the doubt pestering the back of her mind. That the gap between their ages is too large, even for the most determined leap of faith…


Here are my thoughts:
There is more to this story than hot sensuality.  Dee's skillful at building three dimensional heroes and heroines that you really care for, mixing your own emotions in with that of her characters.  I was sucked in to Regina's loneliness and grief from page one...rooting for her to feel like a woman again while struggling with guilt along with the age difference between herself and the one man (Josh) who brings her back to living life again.  And Josh...bless him for not giving up on Regina!  He's patient, tender, sensitive, loving, strong...Everything a hero should be.

So, go out and get your copy today!  I promise you, you won't be disappointed!  And if you can't get enough...check out Dee's back list of books here:  http://deecarney.com/bookshelf 

Cheers to having hot summer reads to keep up busy!

Happy Wednesday!
Kathleen

4 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

This books is on my Kobo, waiting for me to read. I read an excerpt and was hooked. Must get reading.

Anonymous said...

I am just so thankful I discovered this particular blogs! You're incredibly smart!!
I really want some others would feel the same as all of us! Carry on the great posts I will be checking you now hahah

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

So i am extremely relieved I uncovered this website! You were so right!!
I only wish some other people might just think the same as us all! Carry on the excellent discussions I am viewing your site now hehe