Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HUMP DAY HOOK~20~



Welcome back for another Hump Day! This week's snippet comes from my wip, Temperature's Rising. Hope you enjoy! And don't forget to take a look at the other author's participating in this week's Humping here: http://humpdayhook.blogspot.com/


My hero for this book, Dr. Ryder Alexander came from my love of Ewan... **sigh** Remember my little drama queen nursing student had puked all over my hero's shoes? Now we switch to his pov...



Ryder turned, sloshed, slipped and barely regained his balance before falling flat on his ass in the muck covering his shoes and slacks. The aroma of vomit stifled his first instinct to chase after the gorgeous brunette that had rocked his world several times over last night.

“Let her go, Ryder, we have work to do,” Dr. McMillan stated flatly.

Ryder glanced at the patient with the open abdominal wound and stepped toward the bed to assist with the massive dressing change. Disappointment slammed into his gut as the elusive woman escaped him once more.  His duty was to his patient but later, he promised himself he'd definitely be tracking Anne down. 



Hope you enjoyed! Talk to ya all later, Gators!

15 comments:

Tamara Monteau said...

I wonder why he wishes to pursue her. Hmmm. Great hook.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, so much going on in this excerpt! Hooked me! :)

Layna Pimentel said...

OMG...seriously...he should have run after her. LOL

Fab hook, Kathleen!

Sabrina Devonshire said...

I wouldn't want this guy to be my doc. Talk about off task...

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Yay, he will definitely pursue her later! (I hope)

SherryGLoag said...

That's one way of getting a fella's attention! lol. Very vivid scene.

Lucy Felthouse said...

Great hook, well done!

Unknown said...

Jumps, or rather, falls right into things! Lol! Nicely done.

Mandy Earles said...

Haha. That is definitely one way to leave an impression. It's great that he doesn't even mind seeing a bad side of her and wants to chase after her. He's a keeper. I hope they get to meet again soon :D

Anonymous said...

When a man sees your less than perfect side first and still wants to talk to you - he's the one!

Cassandra Dean said...

Ohh, loved it! Def hooked me :)

diannehartsock said...

I don't think I'd want either one of them for my doctor or nurse...but as a romance story, sounds interesting!

Unknown said...

maybe he should run after her! give her a big hug and rub up against her and 'share the love.' lol! thanks for sharing. looking forward to when this story is out in the world. :)
C.R.

Naomi Shaw said...

Hopefully he can make a better impression if there's a next time

jessiel said...

So need more....think a woman's worst nightmare is to puke in front of a guy.